Vacancy: Box office / Bar employees wanted!
1 September 2021
We are looking forward to inviting the public back again! That is why Veem House for Performance is looking for new Box office/Bar employees.
Veem House for Performance shows, produces and coproduces work of new (international) makers in dance, performance and mime. 10-12 consecutive days per month we open our doors for our public program. The public programs of Veem House interlace the theme’s and makers of the house and know returning elements such as performances, the Veem House Dinner and the Open Studio’s. Broadening and interaction play an important role in the programming.
Veem House for Performance is being run by a small team of employees and freelancers. The evening staff consists of a small group of ACO’s (evening coordinators) and box office/bar employees that work together to make sure our audiences are received warmly and experience a hospitable evening. We offer a function with flexible hours per month linked to and during the monthly program.
The community of Veem House is open-minded, diverse and international. We show work of our own (young) makers and amongst others established foreign performance, dance and mime makers. We are looking for someone who will feel at home and can make our audience feel welcome. Hospitable, open, stress resistant and with a smile you welcome the audience of Veem House. You help them with their questions about and purchase of tickets and help them to a drink and/or snack during the different program components of Veem House. The box office/bar employee falls under the responsibility of the Evening Coordinator during the activities.
The Box office / Bar employee:
- is the first point of contact for the audience of Veem House for Performance and makes sure that our audience feels welcome.
- before the start and after the program you help our audience to a drink and possible snack at our bar, also functioning as a cash register.
- is actively involved with supplementing the stock and cleaning of the bar, upon instructions of the evening coordinator.
- knows how to work hard, can handle stressful situations, communicates clearly with evening coordinator.
We are looking for someone that:
- has affinity with Veem House, the program and the community.
- controls the Dutch and English language.
- experience in the hospitality industry is a plus.
- knowledge of ticketing system Stager is a plus.
- prepared to work at irregular times (mainly in the evenings and weekends).
- resident in (the direct vicinity of) Amsterdam (given the required presence of this position at irregular times).
As an organisation we want to stand in the middle of society. Therefore we value the optimal use of different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees and audiences. We are looking for a box office/bar employee that can support and carry out this vision.
What we offer:
- employment on the base of a 0 hour contract or an agreement on freelance (zzp) base (conform CAO Toneel en Dans).
- flexible working times (mainly in the evenings and during the weekends).
- a free ticket in case a program is not fully sold out.
- a special work environment in a historic building overlooking the IJ.
- a diverse, involved and dynamic horizontal team of employees and makers.
Responding to the vacancy
CV and motivational letter (max. 1 A4) can be send to email@example.com under the mention of: ‘Application Box office/Bar employee Veem House’. Latest till Friday 17th of September 2021.
The job interviews will be held on Wednesday September 22nd 2021 in the afternoon or Thursday September 23rd 2021 in the afternoon. We are hoping to have the conversations live in our office.
Click here for more information about Veem House for Performance.
For more information about the position mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for information with Martha van Meegen (business manager).